Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 in photos


Time for my yearly wrap-up... as it is for countless others. It has been the biggest year of my life, and I am assuming that I will remember it that way until the day I die. It has been a steep learning curve, as it is with any new mother, and a lot of the year has been spent in survival mode. There have been many many tears, both good and bad, mostly hormonal, and much laughter. 2013 is going to be all about enjoying life: not being so hard on myself (this is quite a tough goal...); not doing so much research about what we should be doing, and learning to trust myself more; enjoying remaining in my comfort zone, instead of thinking I need to always push my boundaries. All of these things will lead to a happier me. Well, that is the plan.

These photos might not be the best ones I have, but they are the ones that I feel best demonstrates my life during that month.

January - The first moments of 2012, our biggest year yet, with some of our best friends here. 
February - Enjoying the peace and quiet (and surprising sunshine) while we can, with our traditional big weekend breaky.



March - Our last holiday with just the two of us, to Samnaun, for  some romancing, some skiing (him) and some bathing (me).
April - No need to explain what was encompassing my brain in the lead-up to Ruben's due date!
May - The big one. Ruben is born and I become a mother.
June - Venturing into the big outside world. I even left Ruben for a five minute swim! Big big news for me!
July - Trying to get used to having a baby and still being able to have some aspects of my former life... like meeting a friend for coffee at my favourite cafe.


August - I finally decide that, after three months of hard struggles,  it's time to give up breastfeeding. And attempt our first little family holiday into France for a long weekend. 
September - Mum and Dad come to visit! Mum stayed for a month, and really rescued me when my elbow was broken.  It was the beginning of a great love story between Ruben and his grandparents.
October - Making my way back into netball and winning our  big Swiss tournament! Go girls!
November - Ruben is six months old, and such a happy, giggly boy. This motherhood business is really starting to be fun!
December - Finally learning to ski with my gorgeous sister in what has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment