Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Excitement!

After my last somewhat negative post, I thought I had better fill you all in on my current state of being - which is not at all like it was one month ago. I am EXCITED! I'm not sure if it's just the hypnobirthing techniques I've been practicing, but something in me has changed. I am feeling really in control of my pregnancy and imminent birth (okay, so not really in control - I mean, I am an Australian woman giving birth in a foreign country where I don't speak the language comfortably, and where I'm almost as far away from my Mum as I could possibly be), and I am pleasantly surprised by the way that all my research and study seems to be staying in my otherwise mooshy brain. Yes, occasionally I have a little private meltdown when hubby is here to give me a cuddle, usually over the language issue, but on the whole I am really excited. I mean, this little bean is going to be here soon! I'm gonna be a mummy, and Dunc's going to be a daddy. This is just plain awesome.

The thing that surprises me is that I am very excited about the actual birth. I know, right? How many people go around saying that? This is where I'm a little curious as to the effect that the hypnobirthing is having on my brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment